Sendmail delays

Grant Ozolins grant.ozolins at firebox.com
Fri Sep 30 17:12:24 UTC 2005

Hi List,

Quite often when I try to send mail from either PHP or mutt (and
probably other processes too), it takes Sendmail some multiple of 5
seconds to accept the email and let the calling process get on with
things, i.e. 30, 35, 45, 55 seconds to accept the mail.

My system is based around FC3-minimal on a dual opteron 244 box

I'm using the stock sendmail.mc file except that I have

dnlFEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

and

dnlDAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Commented.  I initially thought this might be a greet_pause type thing,
but it's not actually implemented.

Any pointers towards relevant info or suggestions would be very
gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Grant Ozolins <grant.ozolins at firebox.com>