kmod-nvidia-1.0.8178-6.2.6.16_1.2080_FC5

Dale rhl+dale at riyescott.com
Sat Apr 1 21:39:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 07:44:31AM +0200, Jörn Rink wrote:
> Hm,
> here i cannot compile the 8178 driver under FC5, i get this error
> message:

You need to apply patches to the nvidia driver download before
attempting to build.  The following forum post gives instructions
and a link to the patch.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=776695&postcount=1

That post was edited subsequent to original posting to include
the consolidated patch.  The posts following in that thread can
be ignored.

Another tip:
    yum install xorg-x11-server-sdk
will allow the nvidia installer to automatically determine the
appropriate locations for file installation.

Once I did the above, all that was left to overcome were the selinux
issues.