IMAP (cyrus or ?) or POP (dovecot or ?)

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Apr 2 17:18:57 UTC 2006

Folks,

I have been using dovecot for quite some time now, and
it has worked but it is rather limited for what I want to
do.  I did not install IMAP because at the time, it was
too complicated to get it working or setup.

But now, that I want to use IMAP for the express purpose
to manage ALL of the user's mailboxes to prevent mailbox
bloat, or to centralize or redistribute messages to other
internal email servers.

What do you use or recommend using for managing your
email server on Fedora, i.e. IMAP or POP?  At this
time , it seems there are only one of two choices,
available: Cyrus for IMAP or Dovecot for POP.

Kind regards,
Dan