FireFox Flash player

Hey mates,

I was browsing the net recently on my FC5 using FF1.5, and when I got onto a page with flash player, FF said it needed to install necessary plug-ins... so I opened the FF menu, and it brought a choice of Flash player, so i clicked install and everything went right... then I restarted the browser, and now it still asks me to install the plug-in like i didn't do anything in the first place

this scenario repeats no matter how many times i install the plug-in through FF and on all sites using flash... is there some other way to install it?

cheers

--
A. Helmy