Re: FC5-radeon issues

> From: "Kam Leo" <kam leo gmail com>

> On 4/2/06, hansel hansel mnstate edu <hansel hansel mnstate edu> wrote:

> > My laptop (radeon 7500 CRT video) will not output video to a CRT. Text
> > (boot screen, text terminal) works.
> >

> On 4/2/06, "Kam Leo" <kam leo gmail com> responded:

> You upgraded the kernel. Have you upgraded the ATI driver?

Thanks.

Drivers are in the kernel (/lib/modules/<specific
kernel>/kernel/drivers/... and there are two of them, radeon.ko and
radeofb.ko. These are always part of the kernel rpm, loaded as modules.

Are you suggesting there are additional drivers? Back "in the day,"
matrox distributed proprietary linux drivers. I am unaware that ATI
distribues them for the radeon.

Mark Hansel