Re: Web interface to available yum packages

Federico wrote:
--- David Cary Hart <Fedora TQMcube com> wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:49:07 -0700 (PDT)
Federico <simon3z yahoo com> opined:
Does anyone knows if there is a web script (php/perl/python) that
shows me in a nice formatted way the available packages to install
(with the description, dependencies, etc...)?.

repoview. But it only works on local repos. It's installed in
the extras repo.

Thank you for the hint, sadly I don't keep a local copy of the repository. I
think that all the information we need is in the yum cache files. I don't mind
writing the php script and share it with the community, I just want to be sure
that there is not such a tool around yet.

Have a look at yumex.

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,