FC5 ISA Soundcard not working any more

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 03:36:47 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> debug it...  huh, dmesg finally shows that isapnp is now working... so
> that's news. I haven't a clue what did that.  I'll get back to you
> and relate what I'm finding. Ric

I'm getting the kernel and Kudzu using locate. /sound/isa modules show
up in a lot of kernel items. I would not think that the feature to
recognize pnp isa cards would be removed from kudzu. The feature could
have been removed though. Is it possible to use an older version of
kudzu to see if it was gutted? My guess deps would be heavy.
Probably putting a bug report against kudzu would be wise since ISA and
PNP are still needed.
I still haven't a clue as to what happened to fire isapnp back up, but I'm loath to file a bug report as I did a yum-upgrade path which hosed ALOT of the system when yum segfaulted on me during the upgrade. That hurt! So, I can't really bitch about anything, I'm no victim, I volunteered.

udev is still hosed, at least on bootup. Once I get past that one, I'll be pretty close to being operational. thanx, Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/