Samba

Dan Shelstad shelstad at brainerd.net
Tue Apr 4 01:57:24 UTC 2006

I have a RH7.3 server set up and Samba works great. I access it from my
Windows XT machine via my network places.

My challenge:

I have set up Samba on FC5. Workgroup is supervisor (For some reason it
will not take caps for supervisor) Security authentication mode is User.
Encrypt passwords yes with no guest account. I set a user as Unix name
dps2300 windows username dps2300 samba password 12345678. I did do a
smbpasswd for dps2300 as 12345678 also...

On the windows machine in my network places I can see Samba Server
(Fedora5). When I click on it, it shows me a list of directories
available. I click on it and it asks for user name and password I put in
dps2300 and 12345678 and it does not allow me in. States it is not
accessible.

I can click on my RH7.3 and get right in...

Any ideas?

Is there a check off list anyone knows of to set up Samba?

Thanks!

Dan