any "recursive" option for yum groupinfo command?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Apr 4 11:41:16 UTC 2006

Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Here is a newbie question:
>
>   I could not find any "recursive" options for yum
> groupinfo command. I mean if a group contains other
> groups, then a 'yum groupinfo <group>' will show only
> the packages directly defined in it, not any packages
> defined in enclosed groups.
>
>  Although 'yum groupinstall <group>' will install
> packages in enclosed groups.
>
>  Any one can tell this newbie a way to list all
> packages, directly defined or enclosed in subgroups,
> in one run?

The "group" information comes from a "comps" file in the repository. The
format of this file has changed in FC5 and "groupreq"s are no longer
supported. So yum will only see package dependencies when you do a
groupinstall, rather than full group dependencies.

"yum grouplist" should still show you all the groups though.

Paul.