OT: Pilot help please

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Wed Apr 5 04:36:30 UTC 2006

I'd I've spent a few days on this so now I'm begginf for help. I have a
Palm TX. I was running FC4 but am now using FC5 but that doesnt seems to
help.

GNOME: I gave up gpilotd crashes or just does nothing. Got some help via
bugzilla in FC4 that stopped the crashes but it never sync'd/

So now I'm trying KDE and kpilot.

When I plug my pilot in I see this:
Apr  4 21:25:56 mckinley kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Apr  4 21:25:56 mckinley kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB1

but sometimes ( for no apparent reason) its:
Apr  4 21:25:56 mckinley kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB2
Apr  4 21:25:56 mckinley kernel: usb 4-2: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
converter now attached to ttyUSB3

kpilot works if I happen to have it configured doe the right device but
it seems to switch from USB1 to USB3 at random. After a sync it will
disconnect and reconnect sometimes as the same but often as a different
device. Is there any way to tell fedora to ALWAYS use USB0/1??

Thanks