Re: How to configure iptables to allow vpn passthrough

Dan Track wrote:
I'd like to connect to my work vpn, how can I configure iptables to
allow vpn passthrough. I have linksys wrt54g wireless router that can
do it, but I can't manage it through my linux firewall, can someone
please suggest a way out of this.

I use shorewall to build the firewall for my router rather than the stock Fedora iptables. Shorewall has configuration options for a few different types of "tunnel" applications such as pptp and openvpn style VPNs. I use openvpn with shorewall and it works perfectly. Highly recommended.

Paul.