Re: FC5 -- what happened to xon??

Tom Cross wrote:
on fc4, xon  was located in /usr/X11R6/bin/xon, but I cannot find any
packages that provide this program on FC5.  Nor can I find it on any
obsolete list from the release notes.  Is this a forgotten program?  We
*need* it!

Learn to love ssh:-)

Maybe this will work for you:
alias xon='ssh -x'

It's not commandline-compatible, but it should do what you want, and do it more securely over unbtrustworthy networks.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au

do not reply off-list