2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 kernel panic (nv raid0, 86_64 architecture)

Debbie Deutsch fedoralist at ddeutsch.org
Wed Apr 5 21:01:42 UTC 2006

Booting my system fails with a kernel panic when I try using the most
recent kernel (2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 , downloaded the other day with yum).
The problem appears to have something to do with dmraid.  There is an
error message before the panic that indicates that the kernel cannot
recognize the raid0 array that I normally boot from.  The original FC5
distribution did not have this problem.  However the same problem
occurred with FC5T3.  My system uses an nvidia chipset. I am using the
86_64 version of FC5.

I cannot find this problem in bugzilla.  Admittedly I am a newbie when
it comes to searching bugzilla.  So, maybe I am doing something wrong.
OTOH, I am hoping that whatever is wrong will be fixed in a future
kernel. Sooo....

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Does anyone know for sure that
it has been reported?

If there are no reports in Bugzilla I suppose what I need to do is to do
my best to document the failure and enter a report myself.

TIA,

Debbie Deutsch