no digital sound coax spd/if spdif asus k8v se deluxe problem with FC5

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 7 18:18:01 UTC 2006

I'm slowly approaching usability (and to be fair, once everything
works FC5 is the bestest Fedora, evar) but for some reason digital
output (the coax S/PDIF kind) on my Asus K8V SE deluxe still doesn't
work. It used to on Fedora Core 4, but after only some late kernel upgrade.

No light on the optical output, either.

Analog works okay.

Does anyone know what I should diddle to make it work again?

Thanks,