Re: Query for suggestions regarding parental guidance on linux

Vikram Goyal wrote:
Hello friends,

I want to create accounts for children on linux so that they may browse
and use email, but also I am anxious as to how may I restrict them on
exploring what could be detrimental i.e I want to apply parental
control.

I have googled but have not been able to find anything concrete and
applyable. Please see, I have squid installed and web access is through
the proxy, but have been unable to find any way how web access could be
controlled to obnoxius sites.

Sourceforge has a few links to apps but I have been unable to decide
which one is good enough.

If you have any ideas please share them.

Thanks!

www.dansguardian.org

i use it myself and it rocks!  it is also mean t to work with squid.

--
Anthony

My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: http://messinet.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=visit&lid=3