Re: Fedora Foundation not the right answer??

On Saturday 08 April 2006 20:56, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 yahoo com>
wrote:
> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/204888.htm
>
> what is going to happen here?

The Fedora Foundation was cancelled because its creation would hamper growth
for no real benefit.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundation

Instead of the Foundation, the Fedora Project Board has been formed to move
some management from Red Hat to the community.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board

Fedora users really won't see any changes.  The Fedora Project will remain
almost entirely the same.  Some executive decisions will have stronger
community involvement, but this shouldn't have much of an effect on how the
project runs and won't have a large impact on policies.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com

http://www.n-man.com/