Thnkpad T42 wireless

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Apr 9 15:06:12 UTC 2006

You might wnat to take this discussion to networkmanager-list at gnome.org
(visit mail.gnome.org to subscribe).  They are generally pretty helpful
and responsive there.

My T41 works pretty reliably with the latest kernel, NM, wpa_supplicant,
and the 1.1.2 ipw2200 driver described in fc2-ipw2200 article above,
except I occasionally need to restart NM after a resume.  (I'm not using
WPA, though.)

The key to getting it set up initially was to get the firmware RPM from
Livna, then delete all network devices in system-config-network, then
reboot.  Then you can recreate the wireless interface as wireless.  (If
you run the 1.1.2 driver, you need firmware version 3.0.  I have an RPM
that contains it that I can send on request.)

The other important thing is to get initscripts-8.31.2-1, which is
currently in updates-testing.  That fixes the problem with interfaces
swapping names between boots.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences