[Flame Bait] - Linux as bloatware

Stephen Mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 10 05:55:56 UTC 2006

Globe Trotter wrote:
> I agree. With Gnome and GTK2 (not to mention KDE), we seem to be going in that
> direction. I am sticking to fvwm2....
>

> Best,
> Trotter
>
> --- John Wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Food for thought,

Although Gnome is my preferred Environment, the dependency chain is
ridiculous.
I don't use Evolution;  however, if I uninstall it, deps would remove
Gnome =P
I am not sure if it is the LSB, Fedora or Gnome deps, but when I install
Fedora I get
web servers, DNS servers and mail servers installed and all I want for
this machine
is a desktop type install, after all it is a laptop.

Side note: I can't wait for Desktop LSB to done, I hope that Linux
distro installers
will have an in your face option to select Desktop or Server LSB and
adjust packages
and deps appropriately.

Stephen