Re: [Flame Bait] - Linux as bloatware

Globe Trotter wrote:
I agree. With Gnome and GTK2 (not to mention KDE), we seem to be going in that
direction. I am sticking to fvwm2....

Best,
Trotter

--- John Wendel <jwendel10 comcast net> wrote:

Food for thought,
Although Gnome is my preferred Environment, the dependency chain is ridiculous. I don't use Evolution; however, if I uninstall it, deps would remove Gnome =P I am not sure if it is the LSB, Fedora or Gnome deps, but when I install Fedora I get web servers, DNS servers and mail servers installed and all I want for this machine
is a desktop type install, after all it is a laptop.

Side note: I can't wait for Desktop LSB to done, I hope that Linux distro installers will have an in your face option to select Desktop or Server LSB and adjust packages
and deps appropriately.

Stephen