Re: Help: -- How to setup sendmail.mc and /etc/mail/authinfo for sbcglobal.net users??

Robinson Tiemuqinke [hahaha_30k yahoo com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Any one knows how to setup FC4/FC5 sendmail on behalf
> on sbcglobal.net DSL users?
>
>  I googled several documents but they are either not
> for Fedora Core, or pretty old version. I tried to
> follow their steps but none work.
>
>  Any one has setup sendmail with sbcglobal.net account
> on FC4 and FC5? My sendmail is 8.13.
>
> Thanks a lot...

There isn't much to configure.  In your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc there
should be a line: define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.sbcglobal.net').  That
will forward your outgoing mail through their server.  Caution: your
server may differ, see http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=287
for details but even this is wrong for me and I had to email their
support people to get the right smtp server.  Hope this helps.

	Thad