To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:59 PM
Subject: switching between gdm and kdm ?

Hi,

Whats the recommended way to switch to KDM in FC5 ?

In previous FC releases, I would just edit the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop so
it used KDE i.e.

DESKTOP="KDE"
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

However, with FC5 this file is empty, whereas in previous FC versions I have
used it contained GNOME/GDM entries.

Changing this file seems to work, but as it was emtpy it makes me wonder if it
is the still the best/only way to make this change ?

Chris