Re: Installing FC from internet

On 10/04/06, Gordon Messmer <yinyang eburg com> wrote:
Ali Helmy wrote:

> Is there anyway I can install FC (any version) from the internet,
> without having access to CDs or a CD-burner? I mean I have a WinXP PC,
> and I want to install FC to, but I don't have any CD-drive on that
> machine...
>
> I do, though, have a good internet connection, so... is it do-able?

Yup.  You want to use "Grub for NT" to boot the installer.  This
document discusses how:

http://marc.herbert.free.fr/linux/win2linstall.html

The document recommends using the isolinux images, though I usually use
the vmlinuz and initrd.img files from images/pxeboot/.  I'm not sure
there's any difference, they're the same size in each directory.