httpd in FC5; LDAP directives

Joachim Backes [RHRK] joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Apr 11 12:52:47 UTC 2006

Joachim Backes [RHRK] wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
>> Joachim Backes [RHRK] wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed httpd in FC5 using the directives
>>>
>>> LDAPTrustedCA /etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.crt
>>> LDAPTrustedCAType BASE64_FILE
>>>
>>> But if I start the server, he complains about these directives by
>>>
>>> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 770 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>>> Invalid command 'LDAPTrustedCAType', perhaps misspelled or defined by
>>> a module not included in the server configuration
>>>                                                            [FAILED]
>>>
>>> As I understood, ssl is standard part of httpd, so why this error
>>> message?
>>>
>>> Any comments appreciated.
>>
>> Apache 2.2 uses different directives.
>>
>> Try replacing your 2 lines with:
>>
>> LDAPTrustedGlobalCert CA_BASE64 /etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.crt
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> this helped. Thanks.
>

>> You should probably also read:
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/upgrading.html

Additional question: the following directives are rejected too:

AuthLDAPEnabled on
AuthLDAPURL  "ldaps://xxxx.rhrk.uni-kl.de/ou=People,dc=rhrk,dc=uni-kl,dc=de"

But I did not find the replacing directives. Where search or find?

Regards Joachim Backes

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
University of Kaiserslautern,Computer Center [RHRK],