HP Pavilion LapTop, AMD Turion 64 cpu

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Apr 11 13:00:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 14:04 -0700, Stephen Mirowski wrote:
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> >

> > The HP/Compaq laptops have an official way to burn a 2 dvd recovery
> > set from the on-disk data.  In theory that partition isn't needed any
> > more once one makes the dvd's.  (Well, at least until the dvd's age
> > and become unreadable.)
> >
> > -wolfgang
> >

> Using RWs gets around the aging issue, however, they do not come in dual
> layer.

It is my understanding that RWs last less time than the Rs.  If I am
understanding that correctly then the RW would age faster so it would
lose data sooner.

Please show me documented studies that support your theory that RWs last
longer.  I would be glad to spend a little more for the better life if
it actually exists.