Re: 4 SATA hdds show as 2

Deboo ^ wrote:
Hello,
Linux Fedora Core 2 (Customer's PC so can't upgrade to FC4). Was running fine till a few days ago. But suddenly, the 4 SATA hdds (300GB each), show as only sda and sdb, the other two don't show. But all 4 are detected in the BIOS. I tried booting using knoppix and all four show up in fdisk -l but just not under Fedora. I tried insmoding the driver again but that doesn't help. Mobo is Intel 915 GAV

Dmesg output only shows 2 hdds - /dev/sda and /dev/sdb

What could be the problem? Do I need to recompile the kernel?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.
Fedora Legacy is the support for FC2; they'll know better about what to do.