MP3 files in Linux how to play them?!!!!!

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:10:16 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, Ivan Evstegneev <bravo_elf at gmail.ru> wrote:

> Does someone can please explain me what is going on with mp3 files on
> linux?
> I guess I missed something....
> Why this function is disabled in all players?!!!! What will I do without
> mp3?!!!! Is there are some "other" ways to listen to the mp3? And
> internet radio stations like on www.di.fm (not an advertisement)...
> If it is some stupid politics, so why M$ don't do the same things? Why
> they still permit the use of winamp an etc? This is stinks...
>
> I just feel deeply depressed 'cause all this...  :(
>
> --

1) Calm down, this is really a lot smaller issue than you believe
2) Understand that no one is doing this willingly, just complying to the
laws under which this distro happens to fall
3) Tell us what version of Fedora you are using
4) Tell us what you have done so far
5) Know that we are more than willing to help here