FC5 bluetooth mouse slow to wake up/respond

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 11 16:13:57 UTC 2006

Hi all,

On my FC5 AMD x86_64 laptop I have a bluetooth mouse. The mouse is fully
charged. It works fine until I leave it alone for a while. When I move
the mouse again after a few minutes initially nothing happens. I
continue to move it around and wait for a couple of seconds (up to 10 or
so) and then it starts working again after I see the hd light turn on
briefly. This is what shows up in /var/log/messages:
Apr 11 18:04:11 laptop kernel: hci_acldata_packet: hci0 ACL packet for
unknown connection handle 7
Apr 11 18:04:22 laptop hidd[1588]: New HID device 00:10:C6:74:1B:C4 (HP
Three Button Mouse)
Apr 11 18:04:22 laptop kernel: input: Bluetooth HID Boot Protocol Device
as /class/input/input4

Is there any way I can make the mouse more responsive/not go to sleep?

Thanks,
Patrick