OT: cryptography

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 11 20:05:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 20:41:08 +0200,
  Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Di, den 11.04.2006 schrieb Michael Yep um 19:39:
>
> > Can someone direct me to some good lists, like this one, that focuses on
> >  cryptography as it applies to implementations, research, theory,
> > penetration testing, and programming.
>
> > Michael Yep
>

> http://www.schneier.com/
>
> Bruce Schneier is some kind of cryptography pope. He has some good
> publications.

Schneier's blog is interesting, but it might not be what you are looking for.
Schneier cowrote practical cryptography and that sounds like a book you might
want to read. It goes through the process of building a random number
generator (fortuna) and the discussion about decisions made is instructive.
DJB has a cryptography page that references a lot of papers and is in the
process of writing a book on high speed cryptography. You will probably find
some useful stuff there (http://cr.yp.to/highspeed.html and
http://cr.yp.to/streamciphers.html, but not http://cr.yp.to/crypto.html which
is still locked, probably because his lawsuit was considered moot and he may
still want to bring his case back if the government starts picking on
cryptographers again.).