auch, postgresql

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Tue Apr 11 20:34:34 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 22:07, Andy Burns wrote:
> Marcel Janssen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry to not have read the full release notes before upgrading :-(
> >
> > Now that the new postgresql is on my machine, how can I convert my old
> > data to the new format ?
>
> downgrade, pg_dump or pg_dumpall your data, re-upgrade and re-load your
> data?

That is not a real good option, but I'm afraid that you're right :-(

Very stupid of me, but even more stupid of the designers of postgresql I
think. Shouldn't there be any until to convert to a new format when a things
change to a new format ?

I'll try to install the FC4 packages and see if I can backup. If not than I'll
delete my database and start building it from scratch (it's not large, just
started using it).

Regards,
Marcel