Microsoft Natural keyboard support

I'm looking for the magic incantation to have FC5 support the
Microsoft natural keyboard.  The functions keys (F1-F12) do not work
under FC5 but they do work properly on FC4.  What I find baffling is
that I am using VNC from a FC5 system to a FC4 system and the
function keys are actually being detected by FC4 so they are being
detected at some level by the kernel.

In any case, I did try setting the xorg.conf XkbdOption to "microsoft"
but that did not provide the cure.

Thanks,

-pmr