problem with wireless on my Dell laptop

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 12 22:00:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:25 -0700, BB Cao wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I installed a dual boot (FC5+WinXP) on my Dell Inspiron B130 laptop.
> Everything is great except I don't have the wireless function. When I
> started on the kwi***(sorry, can't remember the name) and scan for
> wireless, if reponsed with "iwlist is not in your path" and no
> wireless found. How may I fix it? I searched a while but still no
> clue. Your help will be highly appreciate! Thanks in advance!

Maybe others can answer based on the information you supplied, but I
think more info is needed. Are you using NetworkManager and nm-applet as
well and NetworkManagerDispatcher. What NIC does the machine have? etc,
etc, and so forth. Please look up the name of the program you are using
to scan for wireless before you ask questions like this on the list.

Aaron Konstam
(210) 656-0355
akonstam at sbxglobal.net