Dictionary is now spelling Nazi

Brian Mury brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca
Wed Apr 12 22:49:53 UTC 2006

> > There is no preference setting for "Levenshtein" or otherwise.  I
> > recall seeing such in previous versions and twiddled them.  The version
> > installed is "Dictionary 2.14.0" the only preference settings is
> > 'source' and 'print'.
>
> What application are you using?
>
> I have FC3 and FC5, the dictionary on ether panel has a setting for
> the strategy under its preferences.

Are you sure you have those preferences on FC5?

I see the same thing as the OP. The gnome dictionary application ( has
two tabs in the preferences window: Source, which allows me to choose
from multiple dictionary servers, and Print, which allows me to choose
the font for printing. Looking up a misspelled word gives me the error
"Error while looking up definition: No definitions found for 'word'".