Re: ldap configuration

awatef harbaoui wrote:
I've configured the file slapd.conf and the problem is that when i write the command "ldapadd -x -W -h localhost -D "cn=root,dc=localhost,dc=localdomain" "
in the shell, it asks me the password and when i tape the corrrect password i get no answer
please tell me what to do?

command:
[root localhost openldap]# ldapadd -x -W -h localhost -D
 "cn=root,dc=localhost,dc=localdomain"
Enter LDAP Password:

I'm not sure what you expect it to do. It's waiting for you to input the new entry in LDIF format.