Re: High load average (FC5)

On 4/14/06, Jeffrey Ross <jeff bubble org> wrote:
noticed this morning that the system is running with a reported load
average of: 7.15, 7.26, 7.16

not sure what's causing it to be so high.  iirc load average is based
upon processes waiting for I/O.  This machine should be pretty much
quiet at the moment.

How can I figure out what's jacking the load average up?

TIA, Jeff

Have you tried using the `top` command? Or if you're in KDE, Ctrl+Esc