Re: modem blues

Antonio Olivares wrote:
--- Jimmy Montague <rhetoric101 att net> wrote:

I'm baaaaaack!

Now I've got Fedora bootloader working, I've got a
holnuther problem: FC5 doesn't detect my modem. I've queried every location offered in the KPPP menu and shot craps every time.

The device is an external USR hardware modem. It's
plugged into a USB port. Xandros detected the modem at location "Comm 8", if that means anything here. How can I get Fedora to find the
hardware and use it?

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy

Jimmy,
Become superuser $ su -
psswd: *****
# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

will scan the modem ports till it finds a valid ones. After it finds it use that one in KPPP. Refer to http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/post-install.html

for help/other issues when using wvdial.

Regards,

Antonio