Re: update notifier applet for FC5?

nunoauboulot netscape net wrote:
Is there an update notifier applet, like RHN applet, for FC5?
Well, I'll apply with something on-topic.

I have not tried this, since I don't much use a GUI, but have you looked at Yumex (http://yumex.python-hosting.com/)?

It is a GUI Front-end to Yum, and may have the notification that you're looking for.

Personally, I just use the Yum nightly update m'self. Does it all in the background in the wee hours of the morning, when most of the system housekeeping gets done.