Help with GRUB configuration

Jim jkipp5 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 00:14:54 UTC 2006

			Hello,

		Can someone please point me in the right direction with this
issue?

		On my fc3 machine, at the login prompt, when I enter a
username and press enter , instead of displaying the password prompt, it
displays the username prompt again. It seems I can no longer log onto the
system, however, I can secure shell into it and it logs me in just fine.
		Is this a Grub problem?

		Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom

what changes did you or someonelse  make before this happened?  the one time
i saw this was because of a pam issue.
log in thru ssh and check /etc/pam.d/login and /etc/nologin
you might have to do some reading on pam

then of course it could be other things besides pam