failed to install FC5 from cds- failed to locate man rpm

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 03:30:55 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

> On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 19:27 +0300, Maria Tsiolakki wrote:
> > When trying to install FC 5 from cds, it fails, during the
> > installation of selected rpms. It is complaining that the
> > man-1.6c-1.2.x86_64.rpm, can not be located on the cd-rom. I have
> > tested my cd image and it was successful
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Did you do sha1sum checks on the cd images before they were burned?

I also met this strange thing on FC5_64, saying a file unable to
open/locate.  shalsum checks found matched.  Mediacheck found problem
if without "ide=nodma".  Finally I download the ISO imgs again with
"wget".  The aforesaid problem disappeared.

I have FC5_64 installed on a 64bit PC but failed to start it.  After
booting a blank screen was resulted.  I also tried FC5 on this box but
with the same result.  I'm now trying to figure out the problem.

B.R.
SL