help configure a modem

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 14:00:27 UTC 2006

Dear all,

Just went out for a conference and lived in a hotel with only modem
network. So frustrated not be able to communicate with my colleagues.

I'd like to configure the modem and hope you help me.

model type: Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)

I have installed slmodem-alsa from livna repo but don't know what to
do next. I add a new network hardware in system-config-network, but
the device is always inactive. Any ideas?

I haven't used a modem before so please give more details.

Thank you.
--
Leon