Re: Will you recommend fedora to a newcomer?

Leon wrote:
Dear all,

Lately, I have been bringing my laptop to work in my office in a
Univ. My colleagues are amazed how pretty the os is (I use the default
theme). I have shown them some of the greatest features of linux like
the security issue and the vast of free software that do a better job
than its windows counterpart.

They are interested and want me to help them install linux to their
laptop too. From my experience with FC5 since test1, I am not very
confident. FC5 is great for experienced people who can fix some minor
bugs but it doesn't seems to be a distribution to new users. I would
now recommend them to use SuSE linux but would be good to hear your
opinions.

Regards,

FC5 is awesome. What better way to learn to use Linux than fixing a few bugs every now and then? :D
-Zubin