Problem booting FC5 after good install and doing the "first boot" configuration

Debbie Deutsch fedoralist at ddeutsch.org
Sat Apr 15 19:25:41 UTC 2006

Kam Leo wrote:

> There are not that many 64-bit x86 users. Consider yourself a pioneer.
> Aid 64-bit development by filing a bug.

There are plenty of us.  We do file bugs about all sorts of things.  :-)

The only way to prove that this is due to 64-bit versus 32-bit would be
if the 32-bit version of FC-5 worked for me.  I have not tried that yet.
 Seriously, the Intel chipset on my system's motherboard is very common.
 Something as crucial as a problem with the drivers for it would be
known by now.

If you have ideas about some other cause for the problem - *not* related
to using two drives on an IDE bus - I'd love to hear it.

Debbie