faster bootup by not scanning for hardware changes?

Unless I am mistaken, FC scans for any hardware changes on each
bootup, correct?  How can I disable that so that it uses the hardware
recognized in the last boot?  I'm guessing that would speed up the
boot process.  I imagine that most users don't change their hardware
very often.  If one could disable scan for hardware change and only
enable it when a change occurs that would be great.

Can it be done, or should this be posted somewhere else as a suggested
future feature?

Thanks,

Jacques B.