Whatever happened to /etc/pcmcia/config in FC-5?

I notice that this file has disappeared in FC-5.
Where does the machine look now for info on the appropriate driver?

I upgraded from FC-4 to FC-5 on one machine,
and the pcmcia card was not found until I replaced the config file.
On the other hand a machine running a new FC-5 installation
seems fine without the config file.

Is this change documented somewhere?

--
Timothy Murphy