Re: tail +123 or tail -n +123?

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 10:50 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Except on my FC5 system info tail has the same error as man tail. Any
> explanations out there?
> --
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>
>From the info file:
"On older systems, the leading `-' can be replaced by `+' in the
obsolete option syntax with the same meaning as in counts, and obsolete
usage overrides normal usage when the two conflict.  This obsolete
behavior can be enabled or disabled with the `_POSIX2_VERSION'
environment variable..."

--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49