Name resolution broken after upgrading to FC5

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Sun Apr 16 17:13:27 UTC 2006

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Couldn't tell you, but I don't have NIS or NIS+.  I remain suspicious
> that SELinux is the cause, rather than the "nisplus" entry.

The nisplus module is broken in the moment and it causes lookups to
simply fail.  This was caused by a fix we did in response to a bug
report.  We relied on 3rd party testing for verification.  Unfortunately
this testing was completely bogus and the module even break when not
really used.  It's corrected now.  I don't know what the plans for an
update are, though.  Just remove nisplus from nsswitch.conf for now.