Re: FC5 - auto-login not working?

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

nicola .:kOoLiNuS:. losito wrote:

As a matter of interest, when I go to f=>Administration=>Login Screen
I am asked for the superuser password.
After giving that, absolutely nothing happens - no window appears.

After a major kde update my system was using KDM and the procedure show
above did the same thing to me.
After having restored back GDM all worked again.

So is auto-login impossible with KDE/KDM ?

What happens if you run gdmsetup from the command line?

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu