[OT] But important to me. Appropiate Mailing Lists ??

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 17 04:36:51 UTC 2006

From: "William Case" <billlinux at rogers.com>
> Thanks for the late night reply jdow
>
> On Sun, 2006-16-04 at 20:32 -0700, jdow wrote:
>> From: "William Case" <billlinux at rogers.com>
>> > You know, to get a real answer I am probably going to have to slog my
>> > way through the BASH source code.  Ruefully; I would have thought that
>> > someone would have already done the slogging and left a nice neat
>> > readable explanation for the world.  Oh well.
>>
>> Happy slogging. {o.o}
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't given me a 'real' answer
> -- just a poor choice of words.
>
> I'll slog, write the book, and you can publish it.  We'll split the
> profits.  OK?

All I meant by that is that I suspect it will be a LOT of slogging. It's
"stuff" I more or less picked up by osmosis over the years. {^_-}

> You see, this exchange is what I wanted to find through my original
> post.  I feel guilty about using the Fedora Mailing List for topics that
> are not strictly Fedora.  Yet, I have no idea were to find a platform
> for the friendly exchange of information like you and I have just had
> this evening.
>
> Thanks jdow and best regards,
> Bill

I'm glad I helped a little. I kept it on the list because I figured there
just MIGHT be someone else who had similar interest levels who might want
some pointers on where to go.

Ah for the days of homebrew computer clubs and all that.

{^_-}    Hope you have a nice evening, what's left of it if any.