how to setup a remote login servic

Thad Nielsen paroikos at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 17 14:32:12 UTC 2006

BB Cao [pearlsmm at yahoo.com] wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to remotely access to my home machine while at work. The home machine is with FC5 on all the time. How do I allow a ssh connection on it? Thanks for your help!
>
> Best,
>  Cao

sshd should already be running by default on your system.  You can go
to a command prompt and issue $ ps -ef | grep sshd to confirm this.
Then make sure your router allows outside connections through to port
22; you may wish to restrict the external IP address to your work IP.
At work, from a command prompt, type ssh your-home-IP-address or use a
client such as PuTTY.  Remember to login not as root but as your
regular user.

	Thad