Re: FC5 uudecode missing?

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, dsavage peaknet net wrote:
>
>> After a fresh FC5 install from a known good DVD my mad-wifi 'make'
>> failed
>> when it couldn't find uudecode. After some hunting I found a man page
>> for
>> uudecode, but no file by that name anywhere. Whazzup?
>
> Install "sharutils".  It is in there.
>
> Personally I think that should be part of the base install.  There are
> still programs that require it to build correctly, such as the madwifi
> drivers. It takes up little space.  I guess it is just one of those
> forgotten packages that you don't figure you need until much later.

Alan,

Thanks very much. Is 'sharutils' in Extras, or is it on the DVD?

If the former, I've got a bit of a Catch-22 since I'd need my wireless
link to fetch it, and without it I can't compile my wireless driver.

If the latter, I'll want to reopen the "everything" discussion. The only
packages I didn't select for installation were those in language support.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL