Getting clamav going?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Apr 17 19:51:42 UTC 2006

Hi;

I am trying to get clamav and clamd installed in FC5.  Everything seemed
to download successfully with yum but some of the files seem to be in
the wrong directory i.e.clamd.conf.

There is a pdf manual in /usr/share/doc and a copy of clamd.conf.  There
is a file /usr/share/clam-server-0.88.1/clam-wrapper.

Apparently there is supposed to be clamd.conf in /etc.  ]# clamd start
returns ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamd.conf.

Before I start moving copies of files around and configuring by hand,
should I be doing something simpler?  Is there a gui front end?

Regards Bill