FC5_64 fails to start

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 01:36:15 UTC 2006

Hi LX,

Tks for your advice.

> > I have FC5_64 running through numerous attempts on installing it
> from
> > FC5_64 CDs.  It worked a while hanging on screen while I attempted
> > setup network connection to broadband compelling me to hit the
> "reset"
> > button.
> >
> > Now I could not start it again.  During booting it hanged on
> detecting
> > networking (broadband ISP).  I tried "init 2/3" also the same.
>
> Your hardware may be problematic for FC5 64.  As Kam Leo has pointed
> out
> in another thread, the 64 version's drivers need more work and do not
> equal the quality of the 32 bit version.
>
> As someone else pointed out, the 64 bit gateway may have been opened,
> but being able to walk the whole path may be a problem.

I also suspect the problem coming from ASUS motherboard and PCI-E
graphic card.

ASUS A8N-VM Socket 939 motherboard.
GigaByte PCI-E card, GV-NX66256DP2
Nvidia 6600 PCI-E

The motherboard has an onboard graphic card.  I may not disable it
correctly.  Its manual/BIOS setup does not provide detail instruction
on disabling onboard graphic card.  I'm now searching for advice and
information in this respect.

B.R.
SL